Sunday, January 20, 2013

Painting a Thousand Words

        Okay before all this, let me just say that I apologize for not updating my blog. I knew I said that I would do my best to update it time to time, but midterms came, so yeah. :)

        Well I'm gonna make posts on previous experiences in Japan. I observed that i've been posting mostly about insights and all, which is good, but I never really got to post about my experiences here in Japan as a foreign exchange. So this one's a first.

        Last autumn break, I got the chance to work at a small factory for phones. Small wages, 2-hour transportation, and my first time to work. Still, I got nothing to do on the break, so I had to give it a go. When I got my first ever salary (not knowing that would be my last for that job), I decided that i'd treat myself by buying something that i've been craving my whole life. And so I decided to buy myself a DSLR.

Had a good camera but still taking pictures from phone. :)
        Don't get me wrong. I was never a photographer, and would never consider myself one (because I never trained for that). But I just love taking pictures. And not just plain pictures. Memorable pictures. Pictures worth keeping, worth telling, and worth printing and showing. Taking pictures is also my way of remembering the whole event: the scene, the people around me, and our emotions on that moment. So yeah. By December 9th, I decided to buy a Nikon D5100.

        So from that moment, i've been taking WAY too much pictures. But deleting the bad and the not important ones. I've also been practicing taking good pictures, i'll show some after this post. Well the point is, good or bad camera, what's important is that you were able to remember the memories you have shared with your friends while taking those pictures. Because if not, then you can say that taking pictures is just your excuse for not making great memories and keeping them in your heart. :)

       Here's some of the good pictures i've taken around Tokyo so far. Enjoy! :)

Inside our school

The only crow I saw at the temple. Wonder what it was doing

Ready to face the world

Odaiba and it's gundam :D
On Tokyo Tower's approach to 2013

Tokyo Tower and Rainbow Bridge
A tree in school during snowtime
The reunion of the people in our dorm. Old meets new. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment