Thursday, January 2, 2014

Memories





This picture was the very first picture I took on the dawn of 2013. Being in Japan, it was tradition to be able to see the first sunrise of the world for the year, so we went to Ikebukuro's Sunshine 60, waiting for that first sunrise only a few people get to witness. And as the sun was slowly shining everyone of us, welcoming us to 2013, I promised to myself that just as how beautiful and colorful this scenery of the sunrise is, I would do my best to make my 2013 just like that.

And it was.

Looking back through the years, I believe that 2013 was definitely the best year of my life. I was able to spend half of this year in Japan as an exchange student. A lot of firsts on travels, food, and experiences. I made a lot of new friends and strengthened bonds with old friends. 

I guessed I travelled a lot this year. Mt. Fuji, Disneyland, Kansai, Kyushu, and more. A lot of first times too, like eating my first motsu (cow womb), seeing the sakura leaves dance for the first time, and more.

After I left Japan I continued with my student life back home, and from the remaining months of the year I was able to have fun despite all those works and papers. 

And now we're here again in the new year, facing 2014 with all the uncertainties life has to offer. I made a couple of small resolutions, but also thought that I shouldnt wait for a new year to start and make changes. Quoting from a January 2nd, a fic that I read:


"But resolutions were the loneliest sets of words in existence: they were looked at and kept on a high shelf briefly, only to be cast aside once their truth was realized.
When the world realized that they were too difficult to keep."

So for this year, i'd do my best to try and cherish every moment of my life, not waiting for things to come my way, rather catching up to it. 
Thank you to everyone who has helped my 2013 become the best one. Let's face 2014 together with a smile. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment