Wednesday, October 23, 2013

To The Pristine Waters of Moalboal


After brain-draining days and sleepless nights, finally, the semester is over! 

Since our finals ended last friday, I wanted a day to relax at the beach. A good beach is always a good place to relax and think on the things that happened to your life. And since I've only been to the beach twice since I came back from my exchange program in Japan, my tropical instincts are still craving for the waves (apparently you can't go the beach every time you wanted to in Japan haha). So I decided to go there within this two weeks of break.

But I never thought that I would be going to the beach the next day. It was just an impromptu decision. So on the next day I disturbed my friend by calling her at 6am in the morning to be able to go to the beach. Since this was an impromptu trip, we decided not to swim, just stay at the beach and have fun. So I brought my laptop, camera, money barely enough for the trip, lunch, and water, and left. We met at the bus terminal around 9, and left for Moalboal, one of Cebu's famous beaches. 

A bus trip to Moalboal takes around 3 hours. Basically, the farther you go from the city, the more beautiful the beach becomes. To make use of the time we watched Tokyo Sonata in my laptop. After watching the movie, we realised that we were already nearing the destination. We were enjoying the trip since the scenery, from the mountaintops to the seaside, were all beautiful. 

Arriving at Moalboal, we had to travel a tricycle to be able to get there, which takes around 10 minutes. Arriving at the place, we had to pay an entrance fee to get in the beach (maintenance fee or something). Since we literally have enough money for the trip (because it was impromptu), we weren't able to rent any cottage, so we just sat along the beach. We just arrived in time for lunch. As we were having lunch, we noticed that there were quite a number of foreigners present. It was quite crowded than usual since its the festival of the town, and people are celebrating along the beach. After lunch, we took a few pictures, talked, and just had fun. After that, we left around 2:30pm to be able to arrive back to the city before nightfall. 

Despite all the calamities that happened (the recent strong earthquake and storms), its calming to know that the beaches are still as beautiful and calm as they were before. Here's some pictures from our trip. :) 

out in the open

A sight of Negros island from the beach

Most of the times I wished I lived closer to the beach

Working leisurely? Only in the Philippines

It's indeed nice to take a walk here
Thank you Edilyth for coming with me! 



Selfie on the bus
A last selfie before setting back for home

No comments:

Post a Comment