Wednesday, September 19, 2012

New world, New Life


        Okay. There are a lot of reasons as to why I haven't updated my blog up to this date. First off, I was busy with my academics (exams, case studies, etc.), extra-curricular activities, and my application for ICU. To top it off, I joined in our division's team for the cheer dance competition, which was supposed to be the day before I leave for Japan. Plus, when I arrived to Japan, I TOTALLY FORGOT TO BRING MY LAPTOP (of all things! *My PSP as well*) so I had to buy a new one here since it would take forever to deliver it. 

        It wasn't easy to finish my application to ICU. On the last week before I left for Japan, immigration told me that I had to issue a certificate to allow a minor to travel abroad (since I'm still 17). And yes, it was agony. I felt like giving up and all, but thankfully I survived the everything (with the help of my mom and friends). Now here I am, typing off this blog in the student lounge of ICU. :D

        Where to start? Probably the day I arrived to Japan. First off, my simcard got busted, so I wasn't able to receive any texts that morning, my flight got delayed (by 2 hours) and I wasn't able to go back to the lobby to say goodbye to my mom. :( When I arrived in the airport, I was soooo lost, I just followed everyone. The airport was SO huge, I didn't know where to go. Thankfully the employees were too kind to help me. So I processed my alien card, got through immigration, and met my uncle in the baggage area. Too bad I wasn't able to process my working permit at the airport (since I didn't know where to go). So we went to my uncle's home in Nishikawaguchi, Saitama to stay until I moved.

        On the 31st of August, we travelled early to ICU (2 hours from my uncle's place) and finally moved in to my dorm, 2nd men's dormitory. Everyone was very welcoming, I wasn't able to feel any homesickness tendencies at all. This will be a great year, I know it will be! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment